Call For Demos Papers
BRAINS 2023 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE and IEEE ComSoc
All accepted and presented papers will be submitted to publication in IEEE Xplore.
Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) and their extensions, such as Blockchain, smart contracts, DAGs, and T-DAGs, are disruptive technologies in a variety of domains, including healthcare, IoT, smart cities, telecommunication, smart cities, finance, governance, supply-chain management, security services (e.g., access control, authentication, identity management), and so on.
BRAINS conference calls for demonstrations of vast area of topics related to DLT use-cases and tooling. The interest areas are, but not limited to, following sections:
- DApps, DLT use-cases and services: research prototypes, DApps, and services spanning all DLT use-cases in all sectors, including (but not limited to) network and resource management, Combination between DLT and distributed databases (e.g., IPFS), DLT application in telecommunication, services management and provisioning, security use-cases and applications, Internet of Things (IoT), smart city, healthcare, finance (DeFi), etc. Novel networking systems, creative applications, original ideas, and research prototypes are all highly encouraged to be demonstrated.
- Development languages and tooling: Demonstration of DLT-related tools including development or deployment tools for DLT, Software Development Kits (SDK)s, programming languages, Programming libraries and APIs, development or demonstration platforms, smart contract testing/verification tools, consensus models’ verification tools, novel DLT models or implementations, DLT-based attack simulators, transaction monitoring and analysis, DApp dashboards and analysis tools, etc.
This conference provides a special chance to present applications, interact with an innovative and highly competent audience, and talk about cutting-edge research prototypes and future technologies with influential thought leaders.
Prospective authors are invited to submit Demo proposals in the form of a 3-page paper in IEEE conference double-column format, preferably incorporating a demo system architecture illustration.
The submitted demo/poster papers should outline the design of the system and provide sufficient details to allow the evaluation of its validity, quality, and relevance to the targeted industrial use case.
The expected types of contributions include but are not limited to:
- Demos/posters from faculty and academic research groups related to BRAINS domains
- Demos/posters from industrial researchers
- Demos/posters from authors about the presented concepts in their paper(s)
- Demos from industrial innovative ideas for start-ups
Content of the accepted demo/poster papers will be demonstrated through a physical demonstration during the conference. The demonstration can be accompanied with a poster. Work-in-progress will also be the occasion to develop some new ideas and new paradigms.
- Demo Submission:
July 23, 2023August 13, 2023
- Demo Acceptance Notification: September 10, 2023
- Accepted Demo Submission: September 15, 2023
A best demo award will be presented at the BRAINS 2023 closing ceremony.